Welcome to UPSC SYLLABUS! Here, you will get the complete UPSC SYLLABUS IAS for the Civil Services Examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The Civil Services Examination is widely regarded as one of the most difficult and prestigious examinations conducted in India.
UPSC SYLLABUS IAS 2020 Exam Pattern
While preparing for IAS 2020 exam, a candidate should be well versed with the IAS 2020 exam pattern. Prior knowledge of the exam pattern will give the aspirant an edge while he is preparing for the same. Before we start discussing the detailed pattern for IAS Exam 2020, let us look at the steps in which the exam for UPSC IAS is conducted.
How to qulify UPSC Exam I will tell all things about exam in detail so read carefully so sty conected with us i will provede you all Upsc Syllabus and PDF Download its all free to all of us our aim to spred in poor pepole who not afford book for study in this sitiation i will provide you all important thing to Qulify Upsc Exam so Join us our all Group.
UPSC 2020 Syllabus [UPSC Civil Services Prelims and Mains] has been released on 12 February 2020 with the official notification for the Civil Services Examination.
IAS syllabus can be seen on the official website of UPSC – or scroll down to download the UPSC syllabus pdf for both Prelims and Mains. Aspirants can also download IAS syllabus in Hindi. UPSC Syllabus in Hindi |
The Civil services exam is conducted in three phases:
Phase 1: Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective Type)
Phase 2: Civil Services (Mains) Examination (Descriptive Type)
Phase 3: Personal Interview (Personality Test)
UPSC SYLLABUS IAS Upsc Syllabus, Eligibility, Qualification, Attempts, Paper Pattern,Prelims Paper Exam, Main Paper Exam,
Age Limit For UPSC – Age Criteria ?
UPSC SYLLABUS IAS
21 to 32 for open student.
21 to 35 for OBC student.
21 to 37 for SC ST student.
21 to 37 for Ex.Serviceman.
There is an age limit set by the IAS for the candidates appearing in IAS 2020. A candidate must be 21 years of age, but the upper age limit has been set at 32 years. The candidate should not be born before 02 August 1987 and not later than 01 August 1998.
POST– IAS/IPS/IFS/IRS/IDS as like total 58 post are included in UPSC CSE exam.
Eligibility for UPSC ?– Nationality
1)Student must be/should be Indian.
2)A subject of Nepal
3)A subject of Bhutan
3)A Tibetan refugee who came to India before 01 January 1962 with the intention of settling permanently or
4)A person of Indian origin who has come from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. 5)Candidates belonging to the categories of countries mentioned above, Nepal, Bhutan, Tibetan asylum and other Indian origin candidates will be given a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India.
UPSC SYLLABUS IAS
Qualification for UPSC– Graduation. % are not required.
Graduated University must be sanctioned by governor.
- Minimum Qualification for UPSC Exam: Candidate should have degree from government recognized universities or equivalent qualification.
- Candidates who are in their final year or awaiting the result are also eligible for the pre-UPSC examination. All such candidates who are eligible to appear for the IAS Examination, will have to produce proof of passing the said examination along with the application for the main IAS examination.
- Candidates possessing professional and technical qualifications are recognized by the government as equivalent to professional and technical degrees.
- Medical students who have passed in the final year of MBS, but are not yet eligible for IAS to complete their internship. However, with the application of the main examination, a certificate of course completion (including internship) from the concerned authority of the university / institute) examination will have to be done.
How Many Attempts For UPSC ?-
6 Attempts for Open.
9 Attempts for OBC.
16 Attempts for SC ST Candidate.
9 Attempts for handicap student/economical weaker candidate.
The age limit of a general category candidate is 32 years, but this does not mean that he can write this exam as many times as he wants. There are some restrictions on how often this test can be taken, which is different for different categories.
- Number of attempts for IAS Exam: General Category: 32 years of age up to 6 attempts.
- Number of attempts for IAS exam: OBC: 9 attempts till the age of 35 years.
- Number of attempts for IAS exam: SC / ST: Unlimited attempts till the age of 37 years.
- NB: Physically challenged / handicapped leaders will get the benefit of 9 efforts related to general category up to the age prescribed by UPSC – 42 years.
How are attempts for Civil Service Exam calculated?
If you appear for any of the papers of the Civil Services Preliminary Exam, your attempt is counted. If you fill-up the UPSC application form but didn’t go to take the Preliminary Exam, your attempt will NOT BE COUNTED.
UPSC SYLLABUS IAS Paper Pattern for UPSC.
It consists of two objective type papers and carries a maximum of 400 marks. The preliminary examination consists of two papers. Paper-II (CSAT) in IAS exam is of qualifying nature and candidates should score a minimum of 33% in this paper to qualify for the next stage of IAS exam i.e. Mains.
There are two types of papers – qualifying papers and papers which will be counted for merit. The former will include two language examinations, one a candidate’s choice and the other English. The latter will consist of 9 papers consisting of 7 merits and 2 qualifying language papers. The main examination will include both essay writing and objective type questions. The totals of all the papers and the marks obtained during the interview round will be used for ranking the candidates.
275 marks will be interviewed for the candidates who have passed the main examination. This will include psychometric tests, assessment tests as well as personal interviews. The marks obtained in the test will be added to the calculation to announce the final merit list.
1.Prelims Paper Exam.
(It is also known as the Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) and is a general test for all applicants.)
- Prelims consists of two papers of 200 marks each.
- Both the question papers are objective type (multiple choice questions) of each hour.
- Question papers will be set in both Hindi and English. However, questions related to English language comprehension skills will be provided in English only.
- Blind candidates will be given an additional time of 20 minutes for each paper.
Paper 1 [GS]=200 marks [100 questions].
Paper 2 [CSAT]=200 marks.
1/3 Negative marks.
CSAT=33% Marks Qualiaed.
Merit of prelims is based on the GS Paper.
Merit of prelims is closed on 60% to 70%.
Marks of Prelims are not counted for final exam.
These marks are only for Qualify exam.
- The candidates who have passed the preliminary examination are called for the main examination and they will be called for interview on the basis of marks secured in the main examination.
- Total marks for main exam and interview for final exam result
Paper A – 300 Marks – Marathi (essay etc.)
Paper B – 300 Marks – Compulsary English
Note – marks above paper are not counted of final
( Paper A – One of the indian language to be selected by the candidate from the languages included in the Eight Schedule to the constitution.)
*UPSC SYLLABUS IAS Papers to be conducted for Merit
- Paper – I
Essay ——— 250 Marks
- Paper – II
General Studies (GS-I) – I ——- 250 marks
(Indian Heritage and Culture, Histry & Geography of the world & socity)
- Paper – III
General Studies -II ———- 250 Marks
(Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relation.)
- Paper – IV ———– 250 Marks
General Studies – III
( Technology, Economic Development, Bio-divercity, Environment, Security and Disaster management.)
- Paper – V ———– 250 Marks
General Studies – IV
( Ethics Integrity and Aptitude.)
- Paper – VI ———– 250 Marks
Optional Subject – Paper 1
- Paper – VII ———– 250 Marks
Optional Subject – Paper 2
*Sub Total (Written Test)
Total——– 1750 Marks
- Personality Test / Interview ————- 275 Marks
————– Grand Total —— 2025 Marks
- Note –
The papers on Indian Language and English ( Paper A&B ) will be of matriculation or equivalent standard and will be of qualifying nature.
The marks obtained in papers will not counted.
The question paper of prelims will be set both in Hindi and English.
4 thoughts on “UPSC SYLLABUS For IAS 2020 Exam”
YOU NEED QUALITY VISITORS FOR YOUR: upsc-syllabus.com ?
WE PROVIDE HIGH-QUALITY VISITORS WITH:
– 100% safe for your site
– real visitors with unique IPs. No bots, proxies, or datacenters
– visitors from Search Engine (by keyword)
– visitors from Social Media Sites (referrals)
– visitors from any country you want (USA/UK/CA/EU…)
– very low bounce rate
– very long visit duration
– multiple pages visited
– tractable in google analytics
– custom URL tracking provided
– boost ranking in SERP, SEO, profit from CPM
CLAIM YOUR 24 HOURS FREE TEST HERE=> email@example.com
Thanks, Beatriz Bustillos
It’s in point of fact a great and useful piece of information. I am
satisfied tat yyou just shared this helpful information with us.
Pleease stay uus uup to date ike this. Thanks for sharing.
Essayy is a really reasonably reasonably prijced
essay creating services.
contact on me email